It’s never been simpler to purchase cryptocurrencies. You sign up for an exchange, press ” purchase,” and you’re a full-fledged crypto investor.
However, investing entails more than just purchasing your preferred cryptocurrency. As an experienced investor, you’ve got any questions regarding cryptocurrency, such as what you should know before investing, acquiring it, and keeping (and safeguarding) your money correctly.
In this blog on how to invest in cryptocurrencies, we’ll address these and other important questions.
Things to Consider Before Entering the Cryptocurrency Market
- Cryptocurrency Is Still a High-Risk, Volatile Investment
Cryptocurrency prices are pretty volatile. Bitcoin is an excellent example, since it is not unusual for it to lose 30% in one week and then explode to new highs.
Bitcoin may be doing very well compared to when it initially gained popularity, but the profits are neither consistent nor assured. Anyone who purchased BTCUSD in late 2017 and sold it before October 2020 lost money.
- The FDIC does not guarantee cryptocurrency assets.
Your checking and savings accounts will be covered for up to $250,000 each if your bank fails. However, you’re out of luck if your cryptocurrency exchange goes bankrupt, is hacked, or shutters down without warning.
- Crypto Is Taxable
Gains from cryptocurrency are taxed. In 2014, the IRS chose to begin taxing crypto earnings as capital gains, and since then, it has given at least 24,000 warnings to the crypto community.
How to Invest In Cryptocurrency
- Select an Exchange
When investing in cryptocurrency, choosing a reliable exchange is first. An exchange is where you will purchase, sell, and most likely store your cryptocurrency.
Fortunately, cryptocurrency has been around long enough for the largest exchanges to become extremely sturdy and user-friendly. There are several exchanges that we suggest in general, but here are three of the finest for beginners:
Competes with Coinbase by providing reduced costs, a wider variety of cryptocurrencies, and more complex services to expand into. The platform is subject to intensive regulatory monitoring; although this is not a deal-breaker since it is typical across crypto platforms, it is something to be aware of.
It is a fantastic starting point for the majority of newcomers. They’re a publicly listed firm with over 73 million customers. They’re recognized for their excellent and straightforward user interface and the option to earn free cryptocurrency with Coinbase Learn. Higher-than-average fees and the inability to export your private key to a cold wallet are among the drawbacks.
FTX bills itself as a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange, provides futures, options, volatility products, and leveraged tokens. The team includes members of Wall Street quant firms and tech businesses such as Jane Street, Optiver, Susquehanna, Facebook, and Google.
Which ones should you purchase? Because cryptocurrencies are so dangerous and unpredictable, choose which ones to include in your portfolio may come down to personal preference. Do you think Ethereum, for example, has more excellent technological value and global applications than Bitcoin?
Decide How Much Crypto to Purchase
What is the optimal number of cryptocurrencies to maintain in your portfolio?
- Perhaps 10% – so that if crypto crashes, you can still retire – but I still wouldn’t suggest it.
- Get $100,000 in safe assets first because if you have $100,000 in safe investments by the age of 35 and continue to deposit $100 monthly, you will retire a millionaire.
No surprise, financial advisors are worried about cryptocurrency since it does not fit into an asymmetric risk profile. It’s too volatile; you can’t plan a 99% prosperous future on it.
Begin with small. Maintain a 10% or 5% allocation in your portfolio.
Keep Your Private Keys Safe in a Wallet
Once you’ve purchased some cryptocurrency, the next step is where to keep your private keys.
To sum, there are hot and cold wallets that exist both online and offline. A hot wallet makes it simple to access and trade your bitcoin, and the security features that protect it are more important than ever.
However, hackers are becoming more daring, so some crypto traders, particularly long-term holders, prefer to store their private key in a cold wallet – a USB or hard disk kept in a safe.
A hot wallet may do for the time being if you’re dabbling with tiny quantities and believe you’ll continue to purchase a little on the regular.
Keep Your Investment Portfolio
Your last step is to protect your cryptocurrency investment. The only way to do this step wrong is to acquire cryptocurrency and entirely forget about it. You prevent cryptocurrency investing blunders by:
- Adding your cryptocurrency to your primary investment dashboard allows you to track its success over time.
- Because crypto trading is still in its infancy, keep an eye on the news to stay up to date on regulatory monitoring of your preferred exchange.
- Participate in crypto-communities. Go to the cryptocurrency subreddit and sort by new and hot topics. Consider joining a crypto community on your favourite social media platform and attending crypto conferences or meetings in person.
- Please keep track of whether nations are outlawing cryptocurrency or, on the other hand, recognizing it as legal cash and constructing a Bitcoin city on a volcano.
- Continue to educate yourself on new cryptos and blockchain implementation.
Find Out more on NFTICALLY blog.
Disclaimer: Investing in the cryptocurrency market is inherently risky. Investing in cryptos and NFTs has a risk of loss. It is easy to lose your principles. Before investing your money, please do your research.
NFTICALLY, a Global B2B SaaS, allows you to establish your own white-label NFT store or NFT Marketplace. If you want to learn more about NFTs, please visit our blog section. You may also discover how to create your own NFT Marketplace.
- NFT Trends to Shape 2024: A Deep Dive into the Future of Digital Assets
- The Gaming Revolution: NFTs Level Up the Player Experience
- NFTs and Intellectual Property Rights: Navigating Legal and Ethical Challenges
- Unveiling the Role of Stablecoins in NFT Transactions: Exploring the Why and How
- Top 5 Ways in Which NFTs Are Revolutionizing the Future of Digital Assets
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- 3D NFTs
- AI Characters
- Blockchain Technology
- Buy NFTs
- Crypto Collectibles
- Crypto Wallet
- Cryto Mining
- Digital Art
- Digital Assets
- Generative Art Nfts
- Invest in NFT
- NFT 2.0
- NFT Art
- NFT Art Finance
- Nft auction
- NFT Communities
- NFT Crypto
- NFT crypto art
- NFT Drops
- NFT Games
- NFT gaming
- NFT Marketplace
- NFT Memes
- nft project
- NFT Royalties
- NFT Staking
- nft stocks
- NFT Store
- NFT Taxes
- NFT Trading Cards
- NFT Wallet
- Non fungible tokens
- Non Fungile Tokens
- Ordinal NFTs
- Physical Assets
- Press Release
- Tensor Nfts
- Top Cryptocurrencies
- Web 2.0
- Web 3.0
- white label nft marketplace